"In order to see the difference, be the difference."
The Student Government Association (SGA) is comprised of two elected executive officers consisting of president and vice president. The elected officers then appoint a student to serve as the secretary/treasurer. From there, the elected officers select a diverse group of students to serve as senate staff and senators. The organization is broken down into several committees, including Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Governmental Affairs, Diversity Affairs, Information Technology, Student Activities, and THON.
Regular meetings are held to carry out the responsibilities of:
- Initiating all legislation concerning the welfare of the student body;
- Supporting the functions and activities of the student body;
- Vesting authority to student organizations;
- Investigating any appeal made to it by any student concerning problems of general student welfare or well-being; and
- Assuming financial responsibility for SGA funds
President—Jacob Guess email@example.com
Vice President—Rachel Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary/Treasurer—Dalton Kirkpatrick email@example.com
For more information, visit the Student Government Association website at http://pennstatefesga.weebly.com.