2013 Orientation & Other Event Dates
(Mandatory for all new students)
New Student Orientation
(Specific date varies per student - will be assigned)
Thursday, August 22
New Student Day
Friday, August 23
Orientation gives new students the opportunity to learn more about academic life as well as student life. Students get a chance to meet faculty and staff who can give crucial tips to succeed. In addition, it gives students the chance to get involved in clubs, organizations, intercollegiate athletics, and intramural sports. Lastly, it's a great time to meet new friends and become acclimated to the campus. Detailed information can be found in the newsletter that will be mailed May 2013. For questions, please contact Chad A. Long at 724-430-4248 or email@example.com.
- Are parents/families welcome to attend? Parents/families are welcome to attend during New Student Orientation and Convocation. New Student Day is a student-only event.
- Is Orientation mandatory? Yes. New Student Orientation, Convocation, and New Student Day are mandatory for all new students.
- How long will each day last? New Student Orientation starts at 8:30 a.m. and lasts until approximately 2:30 p.m. Convocation starts at 5:30 p.m. and lasts until approximately 7:30 p.m. New Student Day is 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- What is the attire? Both New Student Orientation and New Student Day are casual. Convocation is business casual.
- How do I register for Orientation? Each New Student Orientation date varies per student, which will be scheduled in advance. For Convocation and New Student Day, you must register using the link that will be posted above, about two weeks before the event. (Note: New Student Orientation must be complete prior to attending Convocation and/or New Student Day).
- Who do I call for more information? All questions should be directed to the Office of Student Life, 724-430-4248.