Dual Enrollment—2013/2014 Academic Year Terms and Conditions
Please note the following guidelines for dual enrollment through Penn State Fayette:
- For consideration, high school seniors must have a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0.
- For consideration, high school juniors must have a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 and provide a standardized test score.
- A guidance counselor approval form is needed.
- Seniors may take up to 8 credits per semester and earn a maximum of 16 credits. Juniors and underclassman must contact Tricia Homonai to learn about their credit options.
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in each course to remain in the program.
- Credits earned under the provision of Dual Enrollment are valid at any Penn State location and may be transferred to another institution in the same way as other Penn State credits.
- Students who have graduated from high school may not participate in this program.
- Home-schooled students need to contact Tricia Homonai at 724-430-4138 to determine eligibility for enrollment.
Estimated Tuition with 50% Grant-In-Aid (based on 2013-2014 tuition costs)
- 3 Credits—Tuition $1539.00—50% Grant-in aid $769.50—Balance Due** $769.50—Fees* $138.00
- 6 Credits—Tuition $3078.00—50% Grant-in aid $1539.00—Balance Due** $1539.00—Fees* $316.00
- 8 Credits—Tuition $4104.00—50% Grant-in aid $2052—Balance Due** $2052.00—Fees* $422.00
*Additional Costs/Fees—Textbooks and supplies (if required)
These costs are estimates. A final bill will be electronically sent with exact figures. It is the student’s responsibility to arrange tuition payment. A special part of the Dual Enrollment program is a grant-in-aid in the amount of 50 percent of the tuition for a maximum of 8 credits per semester. Books, technology fees, and activity fees will also be applied. Students enrolled in a school that participates in the Dual Enrollment Grant may be eligible for additional funding to offset some or all of the remaining cost. Students are encouraged to ask their high school counselor for more information.
I have read the terms and conditions of the dual enrollment agreement and give permission for my child to enroll in a Penn State Fayette Dual Enrollment course.
Signature of Student Date
Signature of Parent Date
- Dual Enrollment