Penn State University offers an exciting opportunity for high school students to get an early start on their college degree! Through Penn State’s Dual Enrollment Program, students can take college courses at a 50 percent tuition reduction and earn Penn State credits!
Qualified junior and senior students can prepare for the future by earning college credits and experiencing the workload of a college course. Credits earned can be applied to a Penn State degree and will appear on a Penn State University transcript.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Take college courses taught by Penn State professors
- Get a Penn State ID card and email access account
- Experience classes in a university environment with other college students
- Receive a 50 percent grant-in-aid reduction for tuition costs
- Enjoy opportunities to participate in college activities
- Make use of our on-campus Learning Center, tutoring, advising, library, and computer facilities
- Receive Penn State undergraduate credits after successful completion of a course
How to Apply
New applicants are required to supply the following:
- A Penn State Fayette non-degree Dual Enrollment application
- A signed parental consent form
- A current official high school transcript
- A guidance counselor approval form
- High school juniors only – A current standardized test score (SAT, ACT, or PSAT preferred, but PSSA is also acceptable)
- Other documents may be requested upon application review
After submitting a completed application, you will be notified by phone of the admission decision and given instructions for scheduling courses.
Returning students are required to complete the following:
- Submit a completed and signed parental consent form.
- Contact the Admissions Office to schedule your class(es).
Returning students who have previously been accepted into the program do not need to resubmit a non-degree application, provided that:
- There has been no break in enrollment.
- The student has performed at a grade of “C” or better in prior dual enrollment courses at Penn State.
For more information about the Penn State Dual Enrollment program or to begin the application process, please contact Tricia Homonai by phone at 724-430-4138 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dual Enrollment Application in PDF format.